Skadden is seeking a Client Accounting Assistant to join our Client Accounting team in the Washington, D.C. Office. As a member of Skadden's professional staff, the Client Accounting Assistant will play an integral role in helping the firm provide high-quality service to clients.
The Client Accounting Assistant provides client accounting analysis and billing support to partners. Prepares bills and follows-up on all matters of billing and collection and responds to related internal inquiries. Works closely with department team members to meet department service guidelines. Assists billing coordinators with complex billing assignments.
- Reviews information for client matters which partners are responsible for billing/collecting.
- Documents meetings/discussions with partners for actions and/or later follow-up.
- Prepares bills, internal forms and back-up including preparation of narrative descriptions, write-offs, transfers, retainer and on-account applications. Follows-up processing of such paperwork.
- Responds to inquiries and requests for information made by attorneys, legal assistants and professional staff.
- Participates in answering and serving the firm's billing and collection help line.
- Updates monthly reminder memos and lists for distribution by department target date. Follows-up reminder memo responses, including sending reminder letters, preparing accounts receivable write-offs and providing back-up and/or additional information. Updates the department's central reminder letter schedule.
- Updates and maintains information for billing logs, reminder memo logs & response sheet, partner serviced list/production log, and client/matter logs.
- Maintains complete and up-to-date files for each partner and/or client.
- Communicates situations as they evolve that may require follow-up, such as bills not returned from attorneys, difficult requests, etc.
- Actively seeks to enhance knowledge of all Client Accounting Department procedures and processes.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Aderant, Starcollect, Outook, Excel, PowerPoint) with the ability to learn new software and operating systems.
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting abilities.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrates close attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities.
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality.
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum of one year of related experience.
For more information and to apply, go to: https://www.skadden.com/Careers/Staff/Opportunities/Washington-DC/Client-Accounting-Assistant