Skadden, Arps is in search of an Accounts Payable Specialist who will be responsible for processing incoming vendor invoices; receives and responds to vendor inquiries; reconciles vendor account statements and assists in other general accounting duties.
- Receives and audits approved check requests with accompanying invoices checking for accuracy of client matter codes, office codes, disbursement codes, sales and use tax and other details to ensure compliance with Firm policy and procedures.
- Generates and balances check schedules for automated check and ACH payment processing.
- Reconciles charges for the Firm's credit card accounts.
- Processes domestic and international wire transfers and bank drafts using an on line banking system.
- Reconciles and records wire payments.
- Prepares reports using Excel.
- Balances and processes EDI vendor files through the accounting system.
- Maintenance and issuance of 1099's.
- Receives and responds to inquiries from vendors externally and staff internally regarding payment status
Maintains vendor master file.
- Scans vendor check requests using ExpertImage.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles
- Knowledge of Excel spreadsheet software
- Ability to prepare reports using Excel
- Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Ability to read, interpret and follow instructions
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
- Associate's Degree
- Minimum of two year's related experience
Apply at: Skadden AP Specialist