Senior Manager, Billing
Greenville, SC 29615
Ogletree Deakins is one of the largest labor and employment law firms representing management in all types of employment-related legal matters. The firm has 850 lawyers located in 52 offices across the United States, Canada, Europe and Mexico. Ogletree Deakins has been named a “Law Firm of the Year” for seven consecutive years by U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms”. In 2018, the publication named Ogletree Deakins its “Law Firm of the Year” in the Litigation - Labor & Employment category.” In addition to handling labor and employment law matters, the firm has thriving practices focused on business immigration, employee benefits, and workplace safety and health law. Ogletree Deakins represents a diverse range of clients, from small businesses to Fortune 50 companies.
Our Greenville, SC office has a new opportunity for an experienced Senior Manager of Billing to assist the firm’s busy Accounting and Finance Department.
We are fully committed to the importance of diversity within the legal profession, as well as all workplace environments and strongly encourage the interest of diverse candidates in the firm.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Summary of Position:
The Senior Manager of Billing is responsible for the oversight and implementation of work practice efficiencies and streamlining current processes related to firm-wide global billing functions. Provide strong operational guidance and support to various complex client billing arrangements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following are the most common duties/responsibilities of the position, but are not limited to:
- Provide guidance to direct reports including Billing Supervisors
- Provide communication and coordination with multiple Subject Matter Experts to ensure billing is running effectively and efficiently.
- Liaise with attorneys and client to provide superior customer service.
- Prepare reports necessary to track billing and WIP
- Promote a positive team environment while optimizing and balancing cross-team visibility to deliver consistent, accurate and timely delivery of client invoices.
- Work with senior management and other peers for strategy development and execution planning.
- Four-year undergraduate degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field preferred and/or 8+ years related experience in a legal services environment.
- Experience with Aderant Time and Billing System.
- Proficient in all Microsoft applications, including but not limited to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Document Management System
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written and professional demeanor.
- Experience in managing others, including directing workload, performance management, training and staffing.
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills, organized – able to manage several projects at the same time.
- Dependable, highly responsive by responding to inquiries in a timely manner, the ‘go-to’ person for complex billing arrangements and reporting needs.
- Mastery of Aderant Expert billing platform
- Outstanding organizational skills. Adept at organizing, managing, prioritizing, and delegating numerous projects/tasks
- Self-motivated, adaptable and resilient
We are not working with outside recruiters for this position.
Ogletree Deakins offers a robust suite of benefits for our Staff including: Paid Time Off, Sick Time, a 401(k) matching program, Profit Sharing, 9 Paid Holidays, affordable Health and Life Insurance including Dental & Vision coverage, Health Savings Account (HSA)/Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) to help offset the cost of dependent care and/or health care expenses, Teladoc (24/7 access to a doctor by phone or online video), Tuition Reimbursement and an EAP.
If you have any questions about this opportunity or want to follow up on your application, please reach out to Megan Becker at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Senior Manager Billing” in the subject line.
To keep up to date with all of our opportunities, follow us on Twitter @JobsAtOgletree