Proskauer Rose is one of the nation's largest law firms, providing a wide variety of legal services to clients throughout the United States and around the world from offices in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Washington, D.C., Boston, Boca Raton, Newark, New Orleans, Paris, London, Sao Paulo, Hong Kong and Beijing.
We are currently seeking a Payroll Supervisor to be based in our New York office. The Supervisor will work with the Manager of Payroll & Benefits Operations to ensure that payroll is processed in an accurate, compliant and timely manner utilizing technological solutions. The Supervisor will work closely with other members of the Finance Department and the Human Resources Department.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage the payroll workload to meet Firm requirements and handle all related information in a confidential manner.
- Oversee the 1500 person payroll for 8 offices in the Unites States and 5 international locations.
- Oversee the parallel Unites States offices and bring payroll for the international offices on to standard platforms and processes.
- Assist in the supervision of 3 Payroll Administrators’ work product.
- Ensure proper multi-state tax withholding for a mobile workforce.
- Analyze existing policies and procedures and identify opportunities for improvement where appropriate. Ensure data is properly authorized and executed consistent with Firm practices.
- Prepare reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages by maintaining knowledge of applicable State, Federal and International wage and hour laws.
- Comply with federal, state, local and international requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on any needed changes. Maintain this compliance by conducting statutory reporting and filing requirements and upholding guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures.
- Prepare relevant weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports.
- Monitor the accurate update of new hires, promotions, office moves and terminations.
- Prepare and review payroll account reconciliations.
- Support all internal and external audits related to payroll.
- Supervise and resolve any issues to payroll production.
- Bachelor's degree and equivalent experience required. Experience in professional services environment preferred.
- Minimum of 6+ years of experience.
- Knowledge of international payroll calculation and processing, tax withholding rules and employer responsibilities, and accounting principles and practices.
- Ability to communicate effectively with lawyers, professional level staff and peers.
- Excellent oral, written communication, analytic and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office and ADP required. Experience with Oracle Fusion and ADP Streamline a plus.
Visit http://www.proskauer.com/careers/staff-recruiting/ to apply!