Experienced Legal Billing Specialist
Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell, and Berkowitz, PC has an immediate opening for an Experienced Legal Billing Specialist. This position is a hybrid work from home two days per week position and is responsible for the completion of all facets of the billing function. The position requires the preparation of client invoices, as well as monitoring and follow-up after invoices are emailed or eBilled. Responsibilities include working with the Billing Attorneys, Billing Manager, and Revenue Services staff to proactively manage their billing. Preparation and Processing of prompt and high-quality invoices. This position includes a hybrid work schedule.
Essential duties and responsibilities will include:
- Manage all assigned billing from Prebill to submission of invoices to the client.
- Performing functions leading to the production of invoices such as moving, time, disbursements and editing changes, etc.
- Producing, posting and printing invoices with distribution to the attorneys, as well as prepay or trust applications to bills.
- Maintaining database by entering, updating, and retrieving data, as well as formatting, and generating reports.
- Creating spreadsheets and setting up special billing such as task based, or any other special billing needs.
- Responsible for ensuring departmental policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Research and answer billing questions for attorneys, secretaries and clients. Timely response to both internal and external customer requests.
- Handle other job-related duties including special projects as assigned by the Manager of Billing or Director of Revenue Services and Information Governance.
The ideal candidate should possess the following skills:
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication.
- Must be able to interact across departmental divisions.
- Must have excellent analytical, organizational, interpersonal and presentation competence.
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast paced environment, work under pressure and balance multiple competing priorities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required with distinct expertise in Excel.
- Ability to produce high volume, computerized document edits in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Must demonstrate ability to analyze complex problems and recommend and/or implement solutions.
- Must have the ability to exercise considerable judgment and discretion in establishing and maintaining good working relationships with both attorneys and staff.
- Must desire to learn quickly, be flexible, and think strategically.
- Must work well individually and in teams, share information, support colleagues and encourage participation.
- Should be enthusiastic, self-motivated, and effective under pressure.
- Should have a strong work ethic and keen attention to detail and accuracy.
Must provide minimum authorization to work in the United States. Resumes accepted only for job posted.
Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell, & Berkowitz, PC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment and all employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, sexual orientation, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression and marital status.
Thank you for submitting your resume. After our hiring committee has had a chance to review all candidates for this position, we will reach out to only those that will be moving on to the next step in our recruiting process. We appreciate your interest in the position and will contact you if further action is necessary.
Apply here: https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/BAK1000/JobBoard/2f6b40a8-4e29-e740-a3db-cb1a1e4563b8/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=31ab849f-31b9-4377-bd79-dd468da484cd