FordHarrison LLP, a national labor and employment law firm, seeks Billing Manager for its headquarters in Atlanta, GA. The Billing Manager is responsible for the supervision of eight billing specialists, and for overseeing the entire billing process, which includes managing the production of client invoices in an accurate and timely manner. He/she must ensure proper execution of client instructions, and facilitate a smooth billing process for both internal and external clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises the billing specialists’ work assignments, provides training for newly-hired billing specialists, and maintains oversight, in conjunction with controller, of the billing team as a whole as related to personnel matters.
- Provides guidance to clients, attorneys, billing specialists and legal assistants who encounter issues as related to the firm’s billing procedures.
- Responsible for resolving problems that occur with billing and/or client matter issues.
- Conducts monthly departmental billing meetings to review billing schedule, changes and other pertinent matters, as necessary.
- Develop and implement procedures to streamline and continuously improve the efficiency of billing processes.
- Provides overflow assistance to the billing team as needed.
- Provides training for newly hired attorneys and legal assistants.
- Maintains hands-on knowledge of all billing related functions in order to provide proper training, back up, and support including, but not limited to, bill preparation, write off management and special rate management.
- Monitors unbilled monthly reports, and assists with resolving billing delays.
- Implements and continually monitors billing procedures as they relate to firm guidelines.
- Promotes a positive team environment while optimizing and balancing cross-team visibility.
Qualifications and Skills
The ideal candidate must have a four-year degree in finance, accounting or a related field, and at least seven (7+) years of related experience, including management, in a legal services environment.
Experience with Aderant Expert Time and Billing systems is essential. Knowledge of PrebillManager is a plus. Proficient in all Microsoft applications. Other skills include strong interpersonal, organizational and project management. S/he must be a great communicator (both written and verbal), and be detail orientated.
Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Billing Manager as the subject line. No recruiters or staffing agencies please.
FordHarrison LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.