Brouse McDowell is seeking a Financial Systems Applications Manager/Reporting Analyst for the overall development, implementation, and maintenance of the firm’s financial applications and reporting tools, including creating and ensuring accuracy of standard and ad-hoc financial reports. This position will report to the Director of Accounting & Financial Services and will be an integral part of the Accounting team in working toward achieving organizational and strategic goals.
- Provide system maintenance, monitoring, business continuity, and problem resolution for the financial systems environment.
- Develop and maintain databases and data systems necessary for projects and department functions.
- Provide technical guidance and support to financial systems team members.
- Oversee all monthly maintenance processes related to month-end close and backup
- Manage application upgrades and other system changes.
- Monitor system performance and proactively apply solutions to enhance system efficiency.
- Analyze system requirements and document technical specifications for all financial system applications.
- Execute corrective actions to ensure problems are not repeated.
- Maintain procedural documentation for hardware deployment.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose both hardware and software issues.
- Identify, oversee, and participate in the development of testing plans for introduction of new systems/technology, changes to existing systems/technology, and process automation.
- Execute testing and QA requirements in support of problem resolution.
- Work with software vendors or internal resources to install, configure, and test applications.
- Interface with IS Infrastructure Team and act as the liaison between IS and Accounting.
- Update and/or establish appropriate documentation for all work functions and responsibilities.
- Provide application training and support to accounting users.
- Manage all data feeds from source systems to financial systems.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of various reporting templates using the firm’s financial reporting tools and offer recommendations to maximize.
- Maintain financial data warehouse applications.
- Create and ensure accuracy of standard and ad-hoc financial reports.
- Manage the development and testing of new standard and ad hoc reports.
- Prepare complex financial reports and financial documentation.
- Responsible for extracting and uploading data and cross-checking data between financial systems.
- Develop, test, validate and distribute complex reports using MS SQL, SSRS and/or other reporting and analysis tools based on firm requirements.
- Act as liaison between IS and Accounting, and work in direct support of the Firm’s financial systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or an equivalent combination of education and experience, is required
- Strong knowledge of Aderant Expert
- Deep understanding of financial systems and business processes
- Must possess a strong knowledge of accounting principles
- Minimum 5+ years of experience with MS SQL tools, including SSMS, SSRS, SSIS and Visual Studio
- Awareness and willingness to adapt to visual reporting and BI Tools – Microsoft BI or similar
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, teamwork, communication and customer service skills
Interested Candidates should submit a cover letter and resume Apply Now