Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is seeking a Billing Specialist to join our Portland team. To apply please click on this link.
Billing Specialists are business partners to our attorneys and are integral to client relationships – they translate and communicate the value of the billable hour to our clients through maintaining work-in-progress records, processing client invoices, monitoring time entry deadlines, editing billing memos, and other tasks as assigned.
On a typical day, you will:
- Use Aderant to process prebills and generate invoices in compliance with attorney instructions and client guidelines
- Work in collaboration with electronic billing department and other accounting teams to ensure invoices are processed in a timely manner
- Ensure that the billing work product is accurate and meets the needs of our clients and attorneys
- Guarantee the correct set-up of client/matter information
- Respond to attorney inquiries regarding work-in-progress records and general billing requests
- Alternate posting of cash with billing proofreader
- Produce various statistical reports, spreadsheets, and workflow schedule
- Maintain work-in-progress records and update upon request
Join us if you have:
- 1+ years of relevant experience in a professional office environment
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to build effective relationships with all levels of staff and attorneys
- Excellent customer service
- The ability to exhibit a high-degree of critical thinking
- An ability to problem-solve
- A high degree of accuracy, attention to detail, and quality control
- The ability to manage multiple tasks and adapt to heavy workloads and new assignments in a fast paced environment
- The ability to work overtime as needed
A background in billing or a degree in accounting is helpful, but we’re willing to train motivated candidates who have exemplary customer service and polished communication skills. Candidates with non-traditional backgrounds who have transferable skills to succeed are encouraged to apply.
Who We Are
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is an AmLaw 100 law firm with six offices nationwide. We deliver value that includes not just best-in-class legal service but also business insight, user-friendliness and flawless support.