Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell, and Berkowitz, PC has an immediate opening for an entry level biller in its Atlanta office. This position is responsible for compiling amounts, preparing invoices and posting transactions. The successful candidate must be a self-starter, proven leader of teams with diverse responsibilities, able to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, prioritize workload effectively, and thrive in a dynamic environment. This position reports directly to the Billing Manager.
Essential duties and responsibilities will include:
- Checking in prebills as they are returned to the Billing Department.
- Performing functions leading to the production of bills such as moving, time, disbursements and editing changes, etc.
- Producing, posting and printing invoices with distribution to the attorneys, as well as prepay or trust applications to bills.
- Maintaining database by entering, updating, and retrieving data, as well as formatting, and generating reports.
- Creating spreadsheets and setting up special billing such as task based, or any other special billing needs.
- Responsible for ensuring departmental policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Research and answer billing questions for attorneys, secretaries and clients. Timely response to both internal and external customer requests.
- Handle other job-related duties including special projects as assigned by the Manager of Billing or Director of Revenue Services and Information Governance.
The ideal candidate should possess the following skills:
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication.
- Must be able to interact across departmental divisions.
- Must have excellent analytical, organizational, interpersonal and presentation competence.
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast paced environment, work under pressure and balance multiple competing priorities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required with distinct expertise in Excel.
- Ability to produce high volume, computerized document edits in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Must demonstrate ability to analyze complex problems and recommend and/or implement solutions.
- Must have the ability to exercise considerable judgment and discretion in establishing and maintaining good working relationships with both attorneys and staff.
- Must desire to learn quickly, be flexible, and think strategically.
- Must work well individually and in teams, share information, support colleagues and encourage participation.
- Should be enthusiastic, self-motivated, and effective under pressure.
- Should have a strong work ethic and keen attention to detail and accuracy.
Please visit https://www.bakerdonelson.com/open-positions-professional-staff for further information.