Are you an experienced finance manager looking for a new challenge? Do have you proven experience managing a transactional finance team, within a Shared Service Centre environment or similar? Have you got experience of working within professional services? If this sounds like you, read on!
We have a fantastic opportunity for an Accounts Manager to join our busy Finance Department on a full-time, permanent basis. The role is based in our Bristol office which is located in the heart of the city, a stone's throw from Bristol Temple Meads although at present, a lot will be remote working.
The main objective of this role will be to lead and develop the accounts transactional processing team, with a focus on developing the team and improving processes, systems and controls.
We're looking for an experienced finance manager that is able to identify and take advantage of "quick wins" to improve efficiency as well as managing longer term process automation and systems projects.
- A strong understanding of transactional accounting including Accounts Payable, knowledge of Purchase to Pay (P2P) processes and banking activities. With a demonstrable vision of what a good transactional processing team looks like and the drive to get there.
- A track record and appetite for optimising transactional processes, with proven experience of reviewing and improving processes, from small, short, quick wins through to significant firm wide processes.
- Able to provide examples of having led local change initiatives, including; planning, communications, training, stakeholder management and support required for managing changes to existing processes, procedures, systems and behaviours.
- Experience reviewing, building and developing an efficient and robust financial control framework.
- Legal sector experience would be advantageous.
Our Accounts Manager will demonstrate the following key skills/behaviours:
- Excellent time and workload management, with the ability to perform in a high pressure environment and manage multiple projects at any time.
- Professional, diplomatic, approachable character. Able to communicate and present to individuals and groups at all levels within the Firm.
- Strong service ethos, with a commitment to a high level of customer service.
- Ability to identify and actively promote improvements to processes and procedures. Skilled in change management, acting as a catalyst for change.
- A sound knowledge of the regulations involved in the legal sector (including the SRA Accounts Rules), general accounting procedures and VAT would be advantageous
- Good working knowledge of accounting systems, Microsoft Word and advanced Excel.
Our six core values - Ambition, Collaboration, Commitment, Fairness, Quality and Respect - are at the heart of everything we do and help to shape our unique culture. As well as high quality work and exciting development opportunities, we offer our people a professional, friendly and sociable working environment with a real sense of community.
A full overview of all the benefits of working at Burges Salmon can be found on the 'working at Burges Salmon' section of our careers page.
We are delighted to have been awarded both 'UK Law Firm of the Year' and 'Energy & Infrastructure Team of the Year' at the Legal Week British Legal Awards and 'Highly Commended' in the CSR Innovation - Multi-Firm Projects at the Legal Innovation Awards in 2020. We were also named as 'Company of the Year - Female Leadership' (Large, Institutional) at Citywealth's Powerwomen Awards 2020 and shortlisted for 'Law Firm of the Year - Transactional' HealthInvestor Awards 2020.
It's important to us that our organisation represents the diverse community in which we operate and we encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and identities. As a Disability Confident employer we will provide a fully accessible recruitment process and offer an interview to disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job. We're committed to finding the right person for this role and are open to discussing flexible working, full time or part time working patterns.
For more information regarding the role or the interview process please contact Jess Denton (Resourcing Business Partner) on 0117 307 6984 or email firstname.lastname@example.org