Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP (Skadden) has forged a reputation as one of the most prestigious law firms in the world. By relying on innovation, intellect, teamwork and tenacity, our lawyers deliver the highest quality advice and novel solutions to our clients' legal issues. We are recognized as a global powerhouse for complex transactions, litigation/controversy issues, and regulatory matters, as well as for the open, collaborative relationships we build with clients. Our attorneys, who reflect diverse backgrounds and perspectives, collaborate seamlessly across 50-plus practices and 21 offices in the world’s major financial centers.
We are seeking a Pricing Analyst to join our Firm in our New York office (hybrid). This role will be responsible for reviewing and analyzing documents and data related to the pricing of legal services. Ideal candidates will have exposure to law firm operations and strong communication skills in order to synthesize and present information to partners and senior management to meet the evolving needs of the firm. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Analyzing documents and data, interpreting results and providing pricing support to the Firm's partners, senior management and clients to facilitate effective decision-making.
• Preparing estimates as to the cost of the Firm's legal services for both prospective and existing matters across all Firm practice areas, including litigation, regulatory and transactional work.
• Developing pricing models and evaluating pricing scenarios to satisfy client requirements.
• Drafting fee-related language in response to requests for proposal (RFPs) and suggesting potential competitive fee structures.
• Measuring and evaluating performance of individual matters and portfolios of work against billing arrangements using established metrics.
• Analyzing historical matter data and preparing custom categorizations of legal services to satisfy client and matter-specific requirements.
• Compiling and analyzing data and historical statistics relating to utilization and realization, and recommending necessary pricing to sell services profitably.
• Engaging attorneys in substantive dialogue regarding the legal work to be priced through demonstrated knowledge of the Firm's practice areas.
• Supporting other Client Accounting Analyst(s) with client administration functions, including but not limited to, analysis of request for proposals, outside counsel guidelines and alternative fee arrangements.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Minimum of three years law firm/industry experience; pricing of legal services preferred
• Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and relational databases (preferred), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
• Strong Excel skills
• Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills needed in order to synthesize, interpret and summarize information in a clear, concise manner
• Strong multi-tasking, organizational, and planning skills needed in order to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities, and to meet deadlines
• Ability to use discretion and exercise independent and sound judgment
• Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
• Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
• Demonstrates close attention to detail
• Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
The starting base salary for this New York position is expected to be between $95,000 to $100,000 annually. Actual salary will be determined based on skills, experience (to the extent relevant) and other-job related factors, consistent with applicable law.
Culture & Life at Skadden
What makes Skadden special is our people and the culture, community and spirit of collaboration we have created. We believe in teamwork and inspiring each other to be our best in an atmosphere that promotes professionalism and excellence in all that we do. We know that inclusion, equity and drawing on the strength of a wide spectrum of diverse talent only make us better and is vital to the firm's success. Our goal is for everyone at the firm to enjoy a challenging career with opportunities for development and growth and to support the well-being of our attorneys and professional staff.
The overall well-being of our team is important to us. We offer generous benefits to help you achieve wellness in all areas of your life.
• Competitive salaries and year-end discretionary bonuses.
• Comprehensive health care (medical, dental, vision), savings plan/401(k) and voluntary benefits.
• Generous paid time off.
• Paid leave options, including parental.
• In-classroom, remote, and on-demand learning and professional development opportunities.
• Robust well-being classes and programs.
• Opportunities to give back and make an impact in local communities.
For further details, please visit: https://www.skadden.com/careers/staff/employee-benefits
Interested applicants, please apply via the following link: https://www.skadden.com/careers/staff/opportunities/new-york/client-accounting-pricing-analyst-1550