JOB SUMMARY: The Client Accounting Coordinator provides client accounting analysis and billing support to partners and practice areas to meet service guidelines
- Assists with handling billing and client analysis projects.
- Prepares accurate and timely bills as well as internal forms including appropriate backup required to process monthly reminder memos, account receivable write offs, retainer and on-account applications, transfers to non-billable, etc..
- Reviews outstanding balance reports and other information for client/matters which partners are responsible for billing and collecting (e.g. unbilled, unpaid bills, unapplied credits) and takes proactive action, as appropriate.
- Documents meetings and discussions with partners to ensure timely follow up and/or action.
Monitors billing system to confirm the status of billing pending matters (e.g. write offs, transfers to non-billable and specialty rates) and updates logs as appropriate.
- Promptly responds to all inquiries for information made by attorneys, legal assistants, and staff.
- Coordinates with Supervisor regarding reminder letters to clients for unpaid bills.
- Maintains complete and up-to-date billing files and instructions which must include all supportive documentation for each partner and/or client.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Aderant, Starcollect, Outook, Excel, PowerPoint) with the ability to learn new software and operating systems.
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting abilities.
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum of two years related experience.
To apply: https://www.skadden.com/careers/staff/opportunities/washington-dc/client-accounting-coordinator
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Disability/Vet/other protected categories). For more information, please visit Skadden.com/careers.