Proskauer Rose is one of the nation's largest law firms, providing a wide variety of legal services to clients throughout the United States and around the world from offices in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Washington, D.C., Boston, Boca Raton, Newark, New Orleans, Paris, London, Sao Paulo, Hong Kong and Beijing.
Proskauer is seeking a Senior Analyst of Systems Solutions, based in the New York office, to assist the Systems Solutions team with ongoing projects and ensure data integrity between all finance systems. The Senior Analyst will report to the Manager of Systems Solutions.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Participate in a culture of innovation and collaboration that is dedicated to delivering quality solutions that empower users, improves the control environment, supports the needs of the Firm, and drives efficiency in systems and processes.
- Contribute to the implementation of a roadmap that sets out a clear vision and timeline for finance systems that results in more efficient processes, improved controls, and alignment to Firm’s objectives.
- Analyze business functions and management information needs, and seek new and more effective system solutions.
- Perform systems analysis functions including, but not limited to: gathering and understanding user requirements, developing solutions, documenting systems and systems processes, configuring systems, designing and implementing systems integrations, and creating documentation.
- Work closely with the IT Department on enhancements or projects, including application delivery and sizing requirements.
- Partner with peers across the Firm and end users of financial applications to understand and meet their business needs; act as a liaison between Finance and IT departments.
- Maintain personal subject matter expertise of the Firm’s financial systems, processes and workflows; generate accurate and updated documentation and training materials.
- Anticipate and proactively resolve project and operations issues, escalating when necessary.
- Actively look for and assess new and emerging technologies to drive business and architecture strategy.
- Strictly adhere to the Firm’s change management and other operational policies.
- Provide support for all change management and process improvement within the Finance function.
- Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in an Accounting or IS discipline.
- 6-8 years of experience in finance systems, preferably within a professional services environment.
- Experience with Elite Enterprise or Aderant Expert, as well as Chrome River and other financial applications.
- Knowledge of fundamental accounting transactions flows including systems interfaces and controls.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrate ability to contribute strategically by identifying and implementing business process improvements.
- Strong planning, project management and organizational skills with an attention to detail.
- Leadership experience, with strong inter-personal skills and collaboration abilities. Must be able to partner with functional counterparts.
- Strong presentation skills, with the ability to explain complex technical designs in simple terms to non-technical end users or management.
- Strong diplomacy skills and the ability to resolve conflict in a professional manner.
To apply, visit http://www.proskauer.com/careers/staff-recruiting/