As a member of the Goodwin Procter LLP IT Financial Systems Team, this individual will be responsible for the support and maintenance, development and implementation of the firm’s financial systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The position will be the principal owner of the design, development, implementation and validation of the firm’s financial reporting (data validation, data dictionary, etc.) using MS SQL and Business Intelligence tools.
- Participate in the selection, planning, design, implementation, testing and deployment of financial systems, including integration of 3rd party applications and interfaces.
- Manage the nightly, weekly, monthly and annual operating financial events and business cycles. This includes managing data feeds from source systems to data warehouse reporting systems.
- Provide second tier level analysis and support of Financial applications and manage the third tier relationship process with external software vendors. The position will own the effectively troubleshooting and problem solving of issues through ticket close out and users satisfaction
- Work actively with business users to translate business needs into functional and system requirements to support business process, origination, system and technology changes.
- Develop reports, modify or develop inquiries and forms in the Financial system.
- Work with business partners and technology team to define, coordinate and execute User acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Deliver and maintain artifacts related to implementation and support of financial systems; including but not limited to business requirements, level of effort estimates, system specifications, data mapping document, support and troubleshooting documentation, etc.
- Mentor junior developers and analysts regarding the firm’s financial systems.
- Communicate status and key business information effectively to both management and internal customers.
- Keep abreast of technical and business industry trends
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assume additional responsibilities as requested.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Deep understanding of financial system and business processes.
- Strong knowledge of Aderant Expert
- Working knowledge of other financial systems: intapp Time, Expert Image, financial systems warehouse.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, teamwork, communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to work with all levels of personnel within the firm.
- Must to able to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Knowledge in Microsoft data development tools (SSMS, SSIS, SSRS, Visual Studio) and languages (T-SQL, XML, PowerShell) a plus
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS/JOB EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Business Administration, or equivalent.
- Experience in a professional service organization; law firm experience preferred.
- 5+ years of supporting and implementing Aderant Expert
- 5+ years of experience with SQL tools, including SSMS, SSRS, SSIS and Visual Studio
Goodwin Procter LLP is an equal opportunity employer. This means that Goodwin Procter LLP considers applicants for employment, and makes employment decisions without unlawful regard to sex, race, color, religion, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, age, marital or domestic partner/civil union status, military service, or veteran status, physical and mental disability, and any other characteristic covered by applicable federal, state or local nondiscrimination laws.