Quarles & Brady LLP is seeking a Senior Billing Coordinator to join our Chicago, Indianapolis, Madison, Milwaukee, Phoenix, or Tampa team. To apply for this position please visit our careers page.
The Senior Billing Coordinator is responsible for managing the unbilled inventory for top revenue-producing clients and attorneys. At a minimum, the Senior Billing Coordinator performs all of the duties and responsibilities of a Billing Coordinator. This includes but is not limited to coordinating and executing the entire billing process for assigned billing attorneys and clients, editing prebills, processing and transmitting client invoices, maintaining billing information and resolving billing inquiries. This position does not perform any collections.
- Perform complex billing including alternative fee agreements (AFAs), hybrid billing arrangements, consolidated bills, split bills/multi-payors, action codes and insurance billing which may include deductible invoices to the insured.
- Thoroughly understand firm, client, matter and exception rates and discounts.
- Has a working knowledge of client guidelines for assigned attorneys and clients.
- Proactively addresses errors that may result in delays in uploading or rejection of invoices.
- Analyze and problem-solve ebilling rejections independently, without additional escalation.
- Facilitate the set-up of clients who are transitioning to electronic billing or changing electronic billing vendors to ensure a smooth transition.
- Consistently process more than 500 invoices on a monthly basis with a significant component consisting of electronic billing with minimal errors.
- Ensure superior levels of client service in interactions with all levels of internal and external clients, vendors and other third parties.
- Research and recommend constructive solutions to reduce or eliminate inefficiencies.
- Assist with onboarding and training new team members.
- Serve as a resource to colleagues and a mentor to billing coordinators.
- Participates in firm-wide and departmental projects and initiatives.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or combination of equivalent education and work experience.
- Five or more years of relevant experience, preferably with a mid to large-size law firm or professional services firm; other billing experience may be considered.
- Extensive knowledge and experience using Aderant, Elite or SAP billing platforms; Aderant experience is a plus.
- Strong skills in electronic billing across a wide variety of client billing systems.
- Prior experience using eBillingHub or BillBlast is desirable.
- eBillingHub certification is a definite plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office to include Word and Excel.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, percentages, and billing rates.
- Thorough understanding of firm and finance department policies and procedures and ability to identify issues and enforce compliance with those policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates initiative and a consistent ability to identify and communicate opportunities to improve existing processes.
- Demonstrated analytical skills, strong critical thinking and ability to spot problem areas and propose solutions.
- Experience with complex billing needs and requirements, including ability to manage lots of moving pieces for specialized practice groups whose billing needs require very specific instructions and processes that vary from a regular billing cycle process.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail and exceptional follow through skills.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Able to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines and priorities.
- Client service oriented with the ability to build strong positive team relationships.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to present a problem and solution in a clear, concise, professional, and accurate manner when interfacing with attorneys, clients and other third parties.
- Accepts responsibility, takes initiative, and possesses the ability to work independently or collaboratively as needed.
- Proactive, innovative and results-oriented work orientation.
- Willingness to keep asking questions to fully understand the root cause of issues and to be persistent in developing and driving towards solution.
- Ability to occasionally work outside of established business hours and adjust personal schedule to meet deadlines.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this position, please visit our careers page.