McDermott Will & Emery LLP is a leading international law firm with a diversified business practice representing commercial, industrial and financial enterprises both publicly and privately held. The Firm has a long history of social responsibility and supporting the communities in which our people live and work.
The Senior Accounting Systems Analyst consults with internal stakeholders on the development of Accounting software solutions and process improvement initiatives. This position gathers and evaluates feedback from stakeholders in Accounting, IT, and aligned practice groups, and translates specifications into functional requirements.
As a Senior Accounting Systems Analyst, you will:
- Consult with stakeholders to determine the scope and technical requirements of requested product enhancements
- Translate product user specifications into functional requirements and test software updates to ensure fulfillment of user specifications
- Manage project timelines, including following up with the Information Technology team and ensuring timely completion of deliverables
- Assess financial data and reports, analyze statistics for accuracy and delivery to target audience.
- Assist with month-end reporting and reconciliations
- Review data variances for errors, monitor data from system upgrades and enhancements
- Design product mockups and prototypes for stakeholder review
- Train project users on delivered software and provide ongoing system support
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least seven (7) years of related experience
- Advanced knowledge of Aderant software and accounting applications
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word)
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and prioritize responsibilities
- Ability to work flexible and/or fluctuating work hours
- Ability to work independently and under own direction and initiative