Apply Online at: https://akingump-openhire.silkroad.com/epostings/?fuseaction=app.jobinfo&jobid=129&version=1
Office: New York
Department: Client Value and Practice Management
Reports to: Client Value Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Hours: Core Hours: 9:30 am - 6:00 pm, Monday – Friday, additional hours as required
GENERAL SUMMARY: Under the supervision and direction of the Client Value Manager (“Client Value”) and working closely with the Billing and Compliance departments (“Billing and Compliance”), the Rates Coordinator (the “Coordinator”) will support each of the firm’s practice groups by overseeing hourly billing rate implementation and maintenance for all non-standard client billing arrangements. The objective of this role is to help ensure rate integrity across the firm, thereby allowing for a more streamlined pricing and billing process. The primary responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to: (i) organizing and inputting accurate billing rate/fee data into the ADERANT Accounting system in accordance with negotiated client agreements; (ii) providing timely, useful reports on billing and rate arrangement data, including historical arrangements; and (iii) helping to support Client Value, Billing, and Compliance with related tasks and corresponding initiatives. The Coordinator will also lend support to the annual standard rate setting process, as needed, as well as periodic client pricing efforts.
The Coordinator is expected to perform all responsibilities with a commitment to providing superior service to the firm's attorneys, advisors and staff, efficient and effective departmental operations, and an atmosphere of teamwork and continuous improvement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Duties are performed throughout every work day, as necessary):
Rate Implementation and Maintenance
- Oversees the implementation and ongoing maintenance of non-standard hourly rates/fee arrangements in ADERANT to ensure proper, correct client/matter rate set-up;
- Works with Client Value, Billing, and Compliance, and others as needed (partners, secretaries, clients) to obtain critical missing rate information, confirm existing information, and compile other required data prior to implementing special billing arrangements;
- Work closely with Billing to ensure all client/matter rates are updated prior to invoice creation;
- Assist with the annual development of firm billing rates and data mining, as needed/requested;
- Creates and maintains various documentation relating to the billing rates and ensures files are up-to-date;
- Assist with creation of process improvement methodologies, concepts, and processes as related to the rate setting, client rate negotiation, and billing;
- Participate in the annual client rate review process/override rate approval process, including communicating with billing attorneys to identify clients and matters that require advance notice for annual rate increases;
- Coordinate with Billing and Client Value to become familiar with existing client rate agreements, firm billing, and general financial practices and systems;
- Assist with the review and implementation of rates within existing or new software/technology platforms and dashboards at the firm, as needed; and
- Collaborate and work with Client Value and other infrastructure teams in the performance of special projects as assigned.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, and Outlook and the ability to quickly learn and utilize additional software and systems;
- Understanding of the fundamental elements of billing process;
- Data-driven and/or financial/legal billing experience preferred;
- Knowledge and proficiency in ADERANT, ELITE, or comparable financial accounting system (ADERANT experience preferred);
- General knowledge of industry business acumen; apply sound judgment and discretion with respect to confidential and sensitive information;
- Ability to communicate effectively;
- Strong ability to work independently and with teams proactively;
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to deal effectively with all levels of personnel and work collaboratively across all firm departments; and
- Proven organizational skills; ability to execute identified initiatives and processes in a timely manner.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS/JOB EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelors required
- 2+ years in client service oriented functions, preferably with financial/billing background