Moore & Van Allen PLLC is a prominent business and litigation law firm in the Carolinas. This full-time position will be located in our Charlotte, NC office, as an integral part of our Accounting team. The Manager of Client Services and Revenue is responsible for oversight and management of the WIP to Cash cycle including processes beginning at time entry, rate/fee arrangements and pricing, billing oversight, A/R management and collections.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Serves as liaison between accounting/finance department and legal professionals with primary goal for best in class client service related to ongoing business services and future business engagements to include (proposals, information requests, rate negotiations, etc.)
- Significant knowledge of matter management, client guidelines, simple to complex legal industry billing scenarios, e-billing and A/R management to ensure efficiency and best use of personnel and technology resources
- Provide leadership, guidance, and recommendations to Billing Managers and Accounts Receivable/Collection Manager related to billing and A/R policies, procedures, and internal controls
- Applies sound business, accounting principles and best practices to guide the operation of the billing, accounts receivable and collections functions
- Identifies opportunities to maximize revenue and minimize leakage/write-downs; implements accordingly
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of professional service revenue cycle (WIP to Cash) and drivers impacting profitability
- Able to conduct root cause analyses to identify corrective action and/or process improvement
- Business-centric and process-oriented mindset with an understanding of technology solutions and applications used in the WIP to Cash cycle (matter intake, time entry, billing, collections
- Ability to lead with confidence and collaborate with professionals and departments in the firm to drive process improvement
- Develops goals and strategies to optimize performance of personnel
- Familiar with analytics and other business intelligence applications to identify opportunities for process improvement (Bill Blast Analytics)
- Responsible for quarterly WIP & AR management and reporting
Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
- 4 Yr Accounting or Business Degree, required
- 5-10+ Years progressive experience in legal (preferred) or professional service organization
- Ability to lead with integrity and confidence
- Advanced Microsoft Suite expertise in Excel, Word, Outlook, Teams, and PowerPoint with strong presentation skills
- Experience with the ability to advise senior leadership of key issues and make appropriate decisions to support Firm needs
- Broad experience and understanding of legal billing techniques and scenarios, accounts receivable and collections processes
- Experience with software applications common to AmLaw 200 firms to include Aderant, 3E, Elite, IntApp Open
- Significant knowledge and experience of electronic billing systems
- Detail oriented, systematic, and well-organized, with good follow-through skills
- Ability to work independently, prioritize projects/tasks in alignment with department goals and objectives
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Team player; willing to cross train and help other functional areas as directed with duties and projects
- This position will be 100 % in office with eligibility for a hybrid work schedule once training is completed (approximately 1 year).
May need to work more than 40 hours per week to accomplish essential duties.
Interested and qualified candidates should apply via our website: https://www.mvalaw.com/careers-working-at-mva. Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.