McDermott Will & Emery LLP is a leading international law firm with a diversified business practice representing commercial, industrial and financial enterprises both publicly and privately held. The Firm has a long history of social responsibility and supporting the communities in which our people live and work.
The Junior Billing Specialist performs various clerical activities within the billing department. This position communicates across various teams and levels to help streamline the billing process. The Junior Billing Specialist works under general supervision and relies on instructions and guidelines to plan and accomplish goals.
As a Junior Billing Specialist, you will:
- Collaborate with Billing Specialists to clarify and finalize billing details
- Provide revisions and edits to invoices or bills
- Prepare write-off forms for approval from management
- Gather supporting documents for expense back-up based on each client’s specific requirements'
- Assist billing team with ad-hoc projects, including investigation of billing discrepancies or errors
- High school diploma
- At least two (2) years of related work experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word)
- Knowledge of standard billing processes and practices
- Experience using accounting software
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and prioritize responsibilities
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential information
- High comfort level with new systems and integration
- Ability to learn new concepts and skills quickly
*At this time we are not accepting agency candidate submissions for this search