Ford Harrison LLP is seeking a full time Billing Specialist in the Atlanta Office. Compiles, manages and executes attorney billing. May perform a variety of other accounting duties according to established policies and procedures. Maintains contact with attorneys, staff, and clients and observes confidentiality of client and firm matters. This position reports directly to the Billing Manager.
Essential Job Functions:
• Compiles and bills (including e-billing) attorney hours to clients every month.
• Reviews and edits pre-bills in response to attorney and secretary requests.
• Apply retainer funds as directed by an attorney.
• Ability to execute complex bills in a timely manner (i.e., multiple discounts by matter, split-party billing, preparation of electronic bills).
• Ability to handle a high volume of bills per month.
• Ability to effectively interact and communicate with attorneys, secretaries, and clients.
• Review and verify the accuracy of billing and supporting documentation as required.
• Research and respond to inquiries regarding billing issues and problems.
• Create billing schedules and various other billing analyses as required.
• Create and prints final client billing.
• Is familiar with and applies Firm billing policies.
• Use computerized accounting and payables software programs (Aderant, Excel, Word) to perform duties and responsibilities.
• Ensures strict confidentiality at all times.
• Assists with special projects as needed.
Education, Experience, and Skills:
• Accounting Degree preferred, or a minimum of two-years billing experience in a law firm
• Aderant (or equivalent software) experience
• Ebilling experience (E-billing Hub software)
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize
• Ability to organize work flow and use time efficiently
• Ability to show strong attention to detail
• Ability to perform at high levels in a fast-paced ever-changing work environment and successfully adapt to changing priorities and work demands
• Ability to anticipate work needs and follow through with minimum direction, follow up on own initiative
Interested applicants should submit resume to Kitsi D. Orr, Billing Manager - email@example.com