We are hiring for a Financial Systems Engineer to join our growing firm. Position can be located anyplace in the United States. If interested, please reach out to email@example.com or apply at the below link.
As part of the Applications Team, the Financial Systems Engineer is responsible for implementation, maintenance and support of financial and companion systems The position provides hands-on systems and user support for the firm’s Aderant Expert System as well as other accounting information systems and applications. This position will report to the Financial System Manager.
• Leading and becoming an expert in all Aderant Financial Systems applications and modules including, but not limited to AP, GL, Billing. AR, Trust, Collections, Conflicts, Notifications, Workflow, Expert Time, Handshake
• Act as the day-to-day administrator of the firm’s Aderant Expert System and associated applications, including Nth and Intapp ensuring continuous operation and reliability.
• Develop expertise in Financial Systems applications integration tools, design integration logic and provide second level support resolving issues with integrations.
• Develop specifications for enhancements/customizations (reports, inquiries, forms, workflows, notifications, integrations etc.) requested by Senior Management, Finance Systems staff, Compliance and Marketing/Business Development Groups. Specifications should adhere to department documentation standards.
• Ensure financial system maintenance, update and backup routines are established, tested and functioning.
• Gain familiarity with various development tools utilized by Financial Systems Applications
• Escalate problems not resolved within reasonable time limit to IT and Financial Systems Management team and communicate affected users of the situation promptly.
• Perform an ongoing analysis of departmental development needs and make recommendations for efficient use of Financial Systems applications.
• Project Management - Create, track and update all project tasks and continually inform the department and management of the project's status.
• Leading the collection and documentation of user's requirements, development of user stories, and estimates.
• Leading teams to implement, configure, test, maintain and upgrade Firm business applications.
• Lead the design, development, and unit testing of vendor application customizations and Firm developed application infrastructure.
• Designing and preparing reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of Firm applications.
• Participating in the Development, refinement, and tuning of integrations between applications.
• Leading the analysis and resolution of technical and application problems.
• Continued leadership in monitoring an optimizing of Firm applications
• Leads innovation and seeks opportunities for automation to improve Firm efficiency.
• Providing prompt third-level support to business users.
• Other duties as assigned by the Financial Systems Manager.
• 7 years or more IT systems experience with a professional services firm (law firm preferred).
• Strong account/systems skills including accounting principles, financial analysis and common accounting terminology.
• Knowledge of structured query language (SQL), and in-depth knowledge of financial, time entry, budgeting and cost recovery applications such as Aderant
• Business and technical requirements analysis, business process modeling/mapping, methodology development, and data mapping.
• Must be well organized, work independently, comprehend business requirements and proactively identify systems and reporting capabilities to address those requirements.
• Ability to work independently and collaborate with creativity and vision.
• Proactive with demonstrated troubleshooting, problem resolution, and follow-through skills in order to manage multiple and diverse projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, detail-oriented work environment.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to translate business requirements into systems solutions.
• Exhibit initiative and innovative thinking and drive best practices..
Apply to Job Posting