To apply click here!
Akin Gump is a leading international law firm with more than 900 lawyers in offices throughout the United States, Europe, Asia and the Middle East. We are currently seeking a Financial Systems Business Analyst that can reside in the Dallas, Houston, Fort Worth, San Antonio, Philadelphia, New York, or Washington, DC area with hybrid work capabilities.
The role will be responsible for assisting with maintaining, supporting and customizing financial systems. The Financial Systems Business Analyst will develop subject matter expertise with the Aderant Expert suite and all integrated applications. The role will involve testing and implementing customizations, end user support and working as a liaison with the IT department and other internal business partners. The Financial Systems Business Analyst must have a computer systems, finance or accounting background with a basic understanding of how transactions flow through the financial system and an understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). The Financial Systems Business Analyst must be self-motivated, demonstrate initiative and accurately complete projects in a timely fashion.
- Assist in maintaining and customizing financial systems: Aderant Expert, iTimekeep, INTAPP Open, Chrome River and others
Develop, support and maintain firm's prebill and bill formats via Aderant's DocuDraft tool
- Initiate/monitor all interfaces between financial databases
- Modify financial systems' front-end and back-end (database) as necessary
- Participate in month-end closing activities. (Able to work at night at least once every three months)
- Assist with testing new customizations, software releases and upgrades
- Act as a liaison between Finance and IT, software vendors, and other 3rd party consulting service providers, with detailed specifications defining needed customizations or new initiatives
- Extract and provide data from the database to business partners
- Provide Help Desk support for financial systems and troubleshoot issues as necessary
- Create documentation to track all aspects of financial systems projects
- Bachelor’s degree in computer systems, finance, accounting or a related field require
- Minimum of 1 to 3 years of experience
- Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio skill is a must
- Experience with Aderant Expert preferred
- SSRS, SSIS and VBA knowledge is a plus
- Basic understanding various stages of system development life cycle
Advanced proficiency and extensive experience in Microsoft Excel
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word and Excel