The Opportunity: Financial Analyst (Remote in CA or Hybrid in San Francisco) The Financial Analyst supports the success of the firm by providing firm management with timely and accurate financial analysis. The Financial Analyst enhances reporting capabilities and improves processes.
This position is based in San Francisco, CA but may be either fully remote (in CA) or a flexible hybrid position working remotely and in our SF office, as needed.
- Provides reports to the Firm Chair, Chief Operating Officer, Practice Area Leaders, Industry Group Leaders, Department Chairs, and Management Team. Creates PowerPoint presentations for the annual partner retreat and other projects.
- Creates Excel spreadsheets for users throughout the Firm for a variety of purposes. Writes macros and queries to make the spreadsheets user friendly and efficient.
- Prepares annual law firm industry survey responses (including Citibank, Wells Fargo, and Pro Bono project.)
- Sets up budgets for Matters utilizing pricing software. Analyzes and helps the firm evaluate Alternative Fee Arrangements (AFA’s).
Experience: The Financial Analyst must have prior financial analysis experience in a law firm or other professional services firm.
Education: College degree with emphasis in Finance and Accounting.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge of Excel (including macros and queries), PowerPoint and pdf software is required.
- Prior knowledge or ability to learn accounting database (Aderant Expert), pricing software and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) to level required to complete functions and produce accurate reports.
- Ability to quickly become familiar with firm policies, procedures, practices, organization and terminology.
- Ability to anticipate work needs, prioritize and organize workload with the ability to coordinate multiple tasks concurrently, meet deadlines, perform professionally and at a high level under pressure in a fast-paced environment, follow-through with minimal direction, work independently and on own initiative.
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment and work proactively.
Please apply by sending your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
What We Provide: Farella supports all the members of our Farella family in achieving both personal satisfaction and professional accomplishment. Farella provides competitive salary and excellent benefits including comprehensive, medical, dental, vision, generous PTO, educational reimbursement and charitable contribution matching. At Farella, we recognize that the contributions, individuality and diversity of all of our professionals are key to the firm's success and meeting the needs of our clients. And like our clients, we value attributes such as enthusiasm, character, and high ethical standards. In fact, these are core qualities in all the individuals who come to work with us—and in all those with whom you will work! The longevity of those in all positions at the firm speaks to the warm, collegial, professional and rewarding environment at the firm. Farella has for many years been named one of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area by the San Francisco Business Times / Silicon Valley Business Journal, and placed #1 in our size category in 2021. We ranked the #4 Best Midsize Law Firm to Work For in the United States by Vault.
Who We Are: Farella Braun + Martel is a leading Northern California law firm representing corporate and private clients in sophisticated business transactions and complex commercial, civil and criminal litigation. Clients seek our imaginative legal solutions and the dynamism and intellectual creativity of our lawyers. We are headquartered in San Francisco and maintain an office in the Napa Valley that is focused on the wine industry. Farella’s commitment to supporting the industries of Northern California and our entrepreneurial responsiveness to the regional demands, have driven our growth and evolution. Nimbleness and opportunistic management have propelled our success through 60 years. From trial prowess in high-stakes litigation to utility-scale renewable energy project development and complex transactional expertise, Farella’s clients rely on and appreciate our fierce focus on client service and high quality work. Farella has successfully fused the quality, experience and resources of large firms with the relationship, flexibility and personal attention associated with a mid-sized firm.
Commitment to Diversity, Equality + Inclusion: We strive to ensure that everyone working at Farella feels like they belong. To that end, our recruiting, retention and practice development programs welcome, support and promote the interests of women, families and people of all ethnicities and sexual orientations. At Farella, we are committed to diversity, both as an ethical ideal and as a business imperative.
Recognition: Farella has received industry and peer recognition equal to any firm in the country. Our attorneys include fellows of the American College of Trial Lawyers, American College of Appellate Lawyers, American College of Environmental Lawyers, American College of Coverage Counsel, College of Labor & Employment Lawyers, and American College of Investment Counsel. Farella has been named among Law360’s California Powerhouses, featured on the National Law Journal’s Midsize Hot List.
Green Business: In 2006, Farella was the first major law firm in San Francisco to obtain certification as a green business by the San Francisco Green Business Program, recognizing the firm for meeting the program’s stringent environmental standards. We received our fourth Green Business certification in 2020.
Farella is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
Farella is an Equal Opportunity Employer