Proskauer Rose is one of the nation's largest law firms, providing a wide variety of legal services to clients throughout the United States and around the world from offices in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Washington, D.C., Boston, Boca Raton, Newark, New Orleans, Paris, London, Sao Paulo, Hong Kong and Beijing.
Proskauer is seeking a Finance Systems Trainer, based in the New York office, who will be responsible for Firm Staff and Attorney training. The Finance Systems Trainer will be part of a team servicing the Firm’s worldwide offices, ensuring a consistent service level in each location. The Finance Systems Trainer will contribute to a well-controlled, efficient and customer focused full-service Finance Systems function.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Provide ongoing training on Financial Applications across the Firm, including in-house developed and third party solutions.
- Conduct advanced application training in the full suite of Financial and related products: Aderant products, Chrome River, ADP, etc. create and prepare course material, Quick Tips, and end-user documentation.
- Develop periodic announcements, dissemination and monitoring of student participation surveys, etc.
- Develop curriculum for advanced training needs.
- Conduct user skills assessments and provide feedback to Manager to expand and improve current training initiatives.
- Conduct one-on-one training with Partners, Directors, and other key members of Staff as required.
- Travel to domestic and one International Office as needed to provide training and materials
- Facilitate rollout of upgrades and new technology through classroom and one-on-one training efforts.
- Ensure classroom and documentation commitments are met and scheduling is maintained.
- Gain personal subject matter expertise of the Firm’s financial systems, processes and workflows; generate accurate and updated documentation and training materials.
- Interface with vendor support and training structures; work with vendors to deliver agreed upon services and training materials.
- Strictly adhere to the Firm’s change management and other operational policies
- Participate in a culture of innovation and collaboration that is dedicated to delivering quality solutions that empower users, improve the control environment, support the needs of the Firm, and drive efficiency in systems and processes.
- Participate in the implementation of a roadmap that sets out a clear vision and timeline for Financial Systems that results in more efficient processes, improved controls, and alignment to the Firm’s objectives.
- Take a lead role in the Financial Systems Team in producing project deliverables on a timely basis; work towards the implementation of the Finance projects portfolio.
- Work with members of Finance and IT in executing short and long term projects.
- Partner with peers across the Firm as well as with end users of financial applications to understand and meet their business needs.
- Bachelor's Degree in Education or Writing or equivalent experience required.
- 5-8 years prior training experience required.
- Significant experience in creating and revising end-user documentation, technical mastery of MS Office including Word, PowerPoint and Excel, and Interwoven and ability to professionally train staff at all levels required.
- Ability to conduct needs analysis, provide classroom training and individual offerings for Attorneys and Staff, and flexibility to travel to National Offices as needed to ensure consistency in training throughout the Firm.
- Superior written and verbal communications skills, superior customer service skills and.
- Law firm experience preferred.
- Experience in Elite Enterprise or Aderant Expert; Chrome River and other financial applications preferred.
- Strong understanding of fundamental accounting and billing principles preferred.
- Ability to adjust to new, different, or changing requirements.
- Strong multitasking and organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and collaboration abilities. Must be able to partner with functional counterparts in IT.
Individuals interested in this position can apply directly on our website: https://proskauer.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl