Proskauer Rose is one of the nation's largest law firms, providing a wide variety of legal services to clients throughout the United States and around the world from offices in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Washington, D.C., Boston, Boca Raton, Newark, New Orleans, Paris, London, Sao Paulo, Hong Kong and Beijing.
Proskauer is seeking a Finance Systems Operations Analyst, based in the New York office, who will be responsible for Maintaining core Financial Systems and Applications for Finance, including: application architecture, support and operations, working with vendors, playing key roles in upgrades and ongoing maintenance projects, project execution, testing and training. The Finance Systems Operations Analyst will be part of a team servicing the Firm’s worldwide offices, ensuring a consistent service level in each location. The Finance Systems Operations Analyst will contribute to a well-controlled, efficient and customer focused full-service Finance Systems function.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Participate in a culture of innovation and collaboration that is dedicated to delivering quality solutions that empower users, improve the control environment, support the needs of the Firm, and drive efficiency in systems and processes.
- Participate in the implementation of a roadmap that sets out a clear vision and timeline for Financial Systems that results in more efficient processes, improved controls, and alignment to the Firm’s objectives.
- Take a lead role in the Financial Systems Team in producing project deliverables on a timely basis; work towards the implementation of the Finance projects portfolio.
- Work with members of Finance and IT in executing short and long term projects.
- Partner with peers across the Firm as well as with end users of financial applications to understand and meet their business needs.
- Provide ongoing support, troubleshooting and maintenance of Financial Applications and interfaces across the Firm, including in-house developed and third party solutions, ensuring ongoing system functionality and customer satisfaction, including operational support and the scheduling and testing of system updates and upgrades, data delivery solution development, testing and validation, staff training, etc.
- Maintain system setups and user access to ensure inter-system data integrity and application security; perform various operational processes (production support, onboarding, change management, etc.).
- Gain personal subject matter expertise of the Firm’s financial systems, processes and workflows; generate accurate and updated documentation and training materials.
- Interface with vendor support structures; work with vendors to deliver agreed upon services; provide logistical support and supervision to vendors as required.
- Resolve project and operational issues escalating when necessary.
- Act as a key contributor to the planning, documentation and implementation of a business recovery strategy for the Firm’s finance system architecture.
- Strictly adhere to the Firm’s change management and other operational policies.
- Assist in the preparation of required audit documentation for internal and external auditors as it relates to financial systems.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in an Accounting or IS discipline.
- 6+ years of experience in Financial Systems, preferably within a professional services environment.
- Experience in Elite 3E or Aderant Expert, Chrome River and other financial applications preferred.
- Strong hands-on technical background preferred: knowledge of SQL, data analysis, application architecture, application and data security, application troubleshooting, application operations and workflow configuration.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Server Installation and Management.
- Strong understanding of fundamental accounting transactions flows including systems interfaces.
- Ability to adjust to new, different, or changing requirements while maintaining a sense of urgency and driving issues to closure.
- Strong multitasking and organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong inter-personal skills and collaboration abilities. Must be able to partner with functional counterparts.
- Demonstrated ability to participate as a member of a team that consistently meets multiple deadlines.
To apply, please visit http://www.proskauer.com/careers/staff-recruiting/