Proskauer Rose is one of the nation's largest law firms, providing a wide variety of legal services to clients throughout the United States and around the world from offices in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Washington, D.C., Boston, Boca Raton, Newark, New Orleans, Paris, London, Sao Paulo, Hong Kong and Beijing.
Proskauer is seeking a Temporary Finance Systems Developer, based out of our New York office, who will be responsible for supporting core financial systems and applications for the Finance Department. These responsibilities include analysis development of application architecture and integrations, team leadership roles in upgrades and ongoing maintenance projects, project management, and training. Reporting to the Associate Director of Financial Systems, the Temporary Developer will contribute to a well-controlled, efficient and customer focused full-service finance systems function. This assignment duration is for a minimum of 18 months.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Design, develop, test and deploy BI and reporting solutions within the scope of the Firm’s financial systems utilizing the Microsoft Solution Stack, reporting services and Sharepoint platforms.
- Play a lead role in the finance systems team in producing project deliverables on a timely basis.
- Act as the BI solution subject matter expert: knowledge share and collaborate with peers across the organization in support of all areas of Finance.
- Design, develop, test and deploy workflows within the scope of the Firm’s financial systems utilizing C# as required.
- Perform systems development and data analysis functions including, but not limited to: gathering and understanding user requirements, creating application, reporting, and BI solutions/data models, documenting systems and systems processes, designing and implementing systems integrations, and creating documentation.
- Work with other finance and IT departments on planning and executing short and long term BI and reporting projects.
- Partner with peers across the Firm and end users of financial applications to understand and meet their business needs; act as a liaison between finance and IT departments.
- Provide ongoing support and maintenance of financial applications and interface across the Firm, including in-house developed and third party solutions, ensuring ongoing system functionality and end user satisfaction.
- Maintain personal subject matter expertise of the Firm’s financial systems, processes and workflows; generate accurate and updated documentation and training materials related to standard and customized business solutions.
- Anticipate and proactively resolve project and operational issues, escalating when necessary.
- Strictly adhere to the Firm’s change management and other operational policies.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in an Accounting or IS discipline.
- 8+ years of experience in finance systems, preferably in a professional services environment.
- Experience with Elite Enterprise or Aderant Expert, as well as Chrome River and other financial applications.
- Knowledge of SQL, .Net development, C#/Python, data analysis, application architecture, security, disaster recovery and business continuity, application troubleshooting, and workflow development.
- Excellent SSRS development skills.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server/Analysis Services/Integration Services.
- Experience with IBM Cognos Report Development preferred.
- Experience with MDX scripting preferred.
- Strong understanding of fundamental accounting transaction flows including systems interfaces.
- Strong planning and organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and collaboration abilities. Must be able to partner with functional counterparts.
- Strong presentation skills, with the ability to explain complex technical designs in simple terms to non-technical end users or management.
To apply, visit http://www.proskauer.com/careers/staff-recruiting/