Proskauer Rose is one of the nation's largest law firms, providing a wide variety of legal services to clients throughout the United States and around the world from offices in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Washington, D.C., Boston, Boca Raton, Newark, New Orleans, Paris, London, Sao Paulo, Hong Kong and Beijing.
Proskauer is seeking a Finance Systems Developer, based out of our New York office, who will be responsible for supporting core Financial Systems and Applications for Finance. These responsibilities include support of the application architecture, assistance in vendor selection, team leadership roles in upgrades and ongoing maintenance projects, project management, mentoring junior staff and training. The Finance Systems Developer will support the Finance Systems Manager in building a team with responsibility across the Firm’s worldwide offices, ensuring a consistent service level. Reporting to the Finance Systems Manager, the Finance Systems Developer will contribute to a well-controlled, efficient and customer focused full-service Finance Systems function.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Participate in a culture of innovation and collaboration that is dedicated to delivering quality solutions that empower users, improving the control environment, supporting the needs of the Firm, and driving efficiency in systems and processes.
- Contribute to the implementation of a roadmap that sets out a clear vision and timeline for Financial Systems that results in more efficient processes, improved controls, and alignment to the Firm’s objectives.
- Design, develop, test and deploy BI and reporting solutions within the scope of the Firm’s financial systems.
- Design, Develop, Test and Deploy Workflows within the scope of the Firm’s financial systems.
- Play a leading role in the Finance Systems team in producing project deliverables on a timely basis.
- Work with other Finance and IT departments on planning and executing short and long term projects.
- Partner with peers across the Firm and end users of financial applications to understand and meet their business needs; act as a liaison between Finance and IT departments.
- Provide ongoing support and maintenance of Financial Applications and interfaces across the Firm, including in-house developed and third party solutions, ensuring ongoing system functionality and customer satisfaction. This includes operational support, as needed, and the scheduling and testing of system updates and upgrades, data delivery solution development, process re-engineering, etc.
- Maintain personal subject matter expertise of the Firm’s financial systems, processes and workflows; generate accurate and updated documentation and training materials.
- Interface with vendors, maintain vendor contacts and relationships; verify that vendors deliver agreed upon services; provide logistical support and supervision to vendors as required.
- Anticipate and proactively resolve project and operational issues, escalating when necessary.
- Act as a key contributor to the planning, documentation and implementation of a business recovery strategy for the Firm’s financial systems architecture.
- Strictly adhere to the Firm’s change management and other operational policies.
- Assist in the preparation of required audit documentation for internal and external auditors as it relates to financial systems.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in an Accounting or IS discipline.
- 5+ years of experience in Finance Systems, preferably in a professional services environment.
- Experience in Elite Enterprise or Aderant Expert, as well as in Chrome River and other financial applications.
- Strong hands-on technical background is required: knowledge of SQL, .Net development, C#/Python, data analysis, application architecture, security, disaster recovery and business continuity, application troubleshooting, and workflow development.
- Excellent SSRS Development Skills.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server / Analysis Services / Integration Services.
- Experience with IBM Cognos Report Development preferred.
- Experience with MDX scripting preferred.
- Strong understanding of fundamental accounting transactions flows including systems interfaces.
- Strong planning and organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong inter-personal skills and collaboration abilities. Must be able to partner with functional counterparts.
- Strong presentation skills, with the ability to explain complex technical designs in simple terms to non-technical end users or management.
- Understanding and delivery of an effective control environment.
Individuals interested in this position can apply directly on our website at: https://proskauer.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl