Duties and Responsibilities:
The Electronic Billing Specialist is responsible for providing electronic billing support to assigned clients. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to, setting up clients on e-billing vendor website; collaborating with e-billing service provider to create and maintain Legal Electronic Data Exchange Standard (LEDES) templates; performing monthly maintenance on e-billing websites, such as entering new rates, accruals, budgets and status reports; ensuring electronic bills comply with client and e-billing vendor requirements; performing and monitoring monthly electronic bill submissions; collaborating with Billing Specialists, clients and vendors to resolve rejections and create appeals; monitoring and reporting on the status of submitted electronic bills and follow-up as necessary; tracking and completing electronic billing related requests through internal ticketing system, Footprints; and using e-billing platforms and firm systems to generate reports as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience working with LEDES files; experience with BillBlast or eBillingHub platforms and e-billing vendor websites.
- Experience with legal billing system software, Aderant preferred; proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge and understanding of the technical components of electronic billing.
- Knowledge and understanding of UTBMS codes.
Jones Day offers competitive salaries and benefits to all employees. Compensation is determined upon the market in which the position is located, the responsibilities of the position, the experience and skills of the applicant, and other job-related factors. The starting pay scale for this Los Angeles position is $75,000 - $95,000.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for the position in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
Jones Day is an Equal Opportunity Employer