As a member of the Accounting Department, the Electronic Billing (E-Billing) Specialist is responsible for processing client bills, answers billing inquiries and assists in the monitoring and follow-up of related billing functions. The position must develop strong collaborative relationships with attorneys throughout the full cycle of client invoicing and ensuring optimal e-billing service levels.
- Submit invoices through the e-billing system and documenting progress within the BillBlast e-billing portal.
- Reviews newly opened client matters for assigned attorneys to determine if matters are available through e-billing websites.
- Monitor e-billing daily for new invoices and rejections.
- Ensures successful submissions of e-billed clients and assist with the resolution of any rejections.
- Assist attorneys, Billing Coordinators, and clients with day-to-day e-billing questions and concerns.
- Verifies that client setup, rates, and billing requirements are correct in the e-billing system.
- As required, submits rate requests to related vendor sites.
- Ensures that all tasks are done in accordance with Firm and client billing guidelines and policies.
- Work closely with supervisor and managers to resolve any e-billing or client e-billing issues.
- Provide updates regarding invoice status to Billing Supervisors/Director of Billing.
- Submit appeals and budgets in e-billing systems as requested and by deadline.
- Other accounting duties and special projects as assigned.
- Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Must possess strong technical analysis skills and advanced Excel capabilities. Must have working knowledge of automated accounting systems preferably in systems such as Aderant and/or Elite. Experience with third party electronic billers highly preferred.
Must possess analytical and critical thinking skills requiring a comprehensive knowledge of accounting principles and practices in order to conduct detailed analysis of billing portfolios.