Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is seeking an E-Billing Specialist to join our Seattle team. To apply please visit our careers page.
Electronic Billing (E-Billing) Specialists are business partners to our attorneys and are integral to client relationships – they translate and communicate the value of the billable hour to our clients through accurate processing of client invoices.
This position is responsible for submitting monthly billing invoices through specific vendors, maintaining monthly progress reports of submitted invoices, monitoring client/vendor system requirements, and other tasks as assigned. This position will require clear and concise communication between clients, attorneys and vendor support.
On a typical day you will:
· Submit invoices through eBilling Hub and various vendor sites and confirm successful transmission
· Ensure prompt follow-up regarding rejected or pending invoices
· Communicate directly with clients, attorneys, and staff to resolve any e-billing issues and to obtain necessary e-billing information
· Maintain detailed electronic notes for each client, including client-specific and vendor-specific requirements
· Create and upload client accrual spreadsheets as needed
· Manually edit invoices as necessary to incorporate client submission requirements
· Maintain client vendor sites and coordinate with Rate Administrator and attorneys to update rates, budgets, or status reports as client requires
· Implement new e-billing clients and vendors, including mapping in the eBilling Hub
· Assist with other accounting projects, as needed
Join us if you can:
· Prioritize workload, multi-task, and work independently
· Operate with a high degree of accuracy, attention to detail, and quality control
· Demonstrate an ability to meet deadlines and handle stressful situations in a calm, composed manner
· Consistently execute excellent customer service and communication
· Manage your time and stay organized
· Use MS Office Products, and utilize Excel (specifically pivot tables and VLookup)
· Learn new technologies and processes quickly and independently
· Demonstrate knowledge of Legal Electronic Data Exchange Standard (LEDES) files or XML formats preferred
· Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with clients and colleagues
· Ability to work overtime as needed
2+ years in an accounting department is helpful and previous experience in a law firm or professional services organization, is a big plus ,but we are open to candidates from non-traditional backgrounds who have transferrable skills to succeed.