The Manager, Insurance Billing Process position will be responsible for managing the full cycle of the insurance billing process, including intake and auditing of new matters, review of time entries on prebills, appealing reductions, and advising attorneys on best practices and process improvement opportunities.
On a typical day you will:
- Act as the primary firm resource for insurance billing guidelines, deductions, and appeals to meet goals for compliance and profitability
- Monitor and audit the opening of new insured matters for compliance with insurance guidelines and requirements; confirm that all required information is provided or reach out to obtain missing information
- Work with attorneys when drafting engagement letters to confirm the billing arrangements are clearly defined
- Review time and cost entries on prebills to identify those that are not compliant with Outside Counsel Guidelines and work with the attorneys as needed to revise narratives
- Educate and train timekeepers on compliant narratives
- Review deductions and make recommendations to the attorneys in order to submit appeals; follow up with attorneys to ensure appeals are submitted timely
- Stay current with insurance carriers’ Outside Counsel Guidelines to serve as an expert to the attorneys; ensure that new guidelines are communicated and attorney questions are answered
- Work with other internal teams to automate new matter/timekeeper notification emails provide updates as information changes to ensure timekeepers are well-informed of time entry guidelines
- Facilitate internal audits to measure attorney and paralegal compliance with insurance carrier guidelines and measure the effectiveness of training
- Actively seek and identify opportunities to improve existing processes related to insurance billing and appeals; collaborate with internal teams to implement process changes
- Prepare reports that identify the insured matters and analyze financial data for those matters; create metrics to review the profitability of these matters
To apply click here: https://app.jobvite.com/j?aj=oh33gfwn&s=Aderant_Expert_Users_Community,_Inc.