Since our founding, Skadden has been committed to its vision of professionalism and excellence in an atmosphere emphasizing teamwork and collegiality. As one of the world’s largest and most prestigious international law firms, we recognize the vital role that knowledgeable and talented staff provide to the firm.
We are proud to have built a team of professionals who are smart, motivated and dedicated to supporting each other. We invest substantial time and effort in hiring and training our teams and recognize that capable and committed people are a valuable asset to the firm. Our goal at Skadden is for everyone to enjoy a challenging career with opportunities for development and growth.
The role of the Client Accounting Assistant is to review information for client matters, which partners are responsible for billing/collecting, as well as handling complex billing and client analysis projects as needed.
Additionally, this position:
- Handles complex billing and client analysis projects as needed.
- Document meetings/discussions with partners for actions and/or later follow-up. Prepare bills, internal forms and back-up including preparation of narrative descriptions, write offs, transfers, retainer and on account application. Follows-up processing of such paperwork.
- Responds to inquiries and requests for information made by attorneys, legal assistants and staff.
- Participates in answering and serving the Firm’s billing and collection help line. Updates monthly reminder memos and lists for distribution by department target date. Follows-up reminder memo responses, including sending reminder letters, preparing A/R write-offs and providing back-up and/or additional information.
- Update the department’s central reminder letter schedule.
- Updates and maintains information for billing logs, reminder memo logs and response sheet, partner serviced list/production log, and client/matter logs.
- Maintains complete and up to date files for each partner and /or client.
- Communicates situations as they evolve that may require supervisor follow-up, such as bills not returned from attorney, difficult requests, etc.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Aderant knowledge
- Ability to learn various PC applications
- Ability to organize/prioritize work
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Works well under pressure
- Deals with courteously/effectively with others
- Pays attentions to detail
- Flexibility to adjust hours to meet operating needs
- Bachelor's Degree
- One to two years of related experience
To apply, please click here
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Disability/Vet/other protected categories). For more information, please visit Skadden/careers