Prior Experience/ Experience Required
• Bachelor's degree
• Minimum of three years related experience
• Dashboard development experience preferred
• Advanced knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Excel
• Experience working with ADERANT Expert and its underlying table structure
• Experience working with queries in Transact-SQL, using SQL Management Studio and Microsoft SQL Server or similar database environments
• Experience working with Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), Visual Basic (VB), or VB.Net, SSRS , C# and Team Foundation Server
• Knowledge of MS Outlook, MS Word, with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
• Basic familiarity with finance and accounting concepts
• Effectively communication skills, both verbally and in writing
• Demonstrate close attention to detail
• Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational, and planning skills
• Ability to analyze Firm and coworker information needs and translate them into technology solutions
• Ability to document requirements and functionality
• Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
• Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
• Ability to organize and prioritize work
• Ability to use discretion and exercise independent and sound judgment
• Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs.
The Client Accounting Applications Developer will work with management to improve the overall Client Accounting process within the Firm, and use computer programming skills to streamline reporting analysis and billing processes.
• Retrieves billing, accounting, financial, and related data from a Microsoft SQL Server database to produce reports needed by partners, clients, management, and staff members.
• Designs and develops applications to streamline and standardize billing and related reporting.
• Stays current with developments in the information technology and legal industries to determine needs, requirements, opportunities, and impact to department and Firm.
• Provides support and training to staff members on various applications, including ADERANT Expert, Excel, the department's custom Excel/VBA macros, and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
• Mines and analyzes data regarding unbilled, accounts receivable, credits, and related metrics to assist the Firm in maximizing billing and collections and performance on specific engagements.
• Prepares ad hoc reports as requested.
• Prepares supporting documentation relating to applications used by the department.
• Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
Please click the link to Apply