MGC, a highly respected, technology-driven law firm with 18 offices across the US and growing, and recently awarded 2022 Best Places to Work in the Carolinas, seeks an experienced Business Systems Analyst to join our IT Department. This role will assist with planning and launching efficient business systems and processes in support of our core organizational functions. We’re looking for someone who is technical, analytical, organized, eager to learn and enjoys problem solving. The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of experience with Aderant Expert as a financial system and an understanding of general accounting and billing processes. In addition, the candidate should have knowledge of financial systems applications structures and customization best practices. This position is based out of our Columbia, SC office, but offers flexibility regarding a hybrid/remote work arrangement after successful completion of our training period.
- Responsible for the implementation, maintenance, and support of financial systems including upgrades, and customizations.
- Collaborate with business units and teammates to design data flows, functional configuration, testing, and maintenance, to ensure optimal system performance.
- Create documentation for suggested and implemented processes.
- Troubleshoot and resolve system, data, and process-related issues. Works with others, including consultants, as needed to address issues.
- Recommends process and workflow changes to improve efficiency within our Accounting and Billing departments and other business units.
- Demonstrates flexibility and can effectively manage change in project scope, timelines, and priorities.
- Use project management skills to accomplish initiatives while working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Automate, generate, analyze, and distributes recurring metrics and ad-hoc reports to the appropriate people.
- Take ownership of responsibilities and requests and communicate with the team and business units on progress and project impacts.