Business Analyst – Job Description
The Business Analyst is responsible for analyzing invoices and expenses for accuracy and eligibility for payment, ensuring timely payments in accordance with Firm policies, maintaining accurate financial records and controls, and ensuring excellent customer service for internal and external stakeholders. Additional responsibility includes leading a team of two Clerks and ensuring team goals are met, supporting operational excellence and leading the charge for change. This opportunity has potential for growth and advancement within the Finance department.
The Business Analyst will report directly to the General Accounting Manager and work closely with Director of Finance and other key stakeholders.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Drive Change, look for areas of inefficiency and waste, Identify, report and track issues while offering suggestions for system/process improvement.
• Supervise Clerks, provide training and mentoring and assist the General Accounting Manager with their performance measurement and performance tracking
• Review/Manage invoices processed, check requests and expense reimbursements for accuracy, proper approvals, proper coding and other supporting documents
• Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues, ensuring all invoices sent back to supplier and pending for payment are followed up with timely
• Perform the month end close activities, which include monthly general ledger reconciliations, Other various reconciliations (Travel, US Patent & Trademark Office, etc), Membership/Association Report, and analysis
• Manage the weekly scanning of documents & support into electronic storage program (Expert-Image)
• Confirm vendor information such as addresses, federal tax numbers, are updated correctly for existing vendors by AP Clerks
• Provide weekly “Checks to be paid analysis” list for Cash Flow Analysis
• Maintain vendor files, correspond with vendors and respond to vendor inquiries concerning payment and/or invoice issues;
• Ability to Lead and/or perform adhoc projects/duties as they arise
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance is preferred
• High degree of attention to detail, accuracy and the ability to handle a high-volume of work efficiently
• 1-2 years of Accounting/Finance experience with is a plus
• Attention to detail, accuracy and the ability to handle a high-volume of work efficiently
• Knowledge of Microsoft Excel (including VLOOKUP & Pivot Tables), Word and Outlook
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills involving external and internal customers at various levels.
• Excellent time-management and communication skills
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and demonstrate appropriate initiative when making decision