Great opportunity for a highly motivated, full process, Billing Specialist. Join our team in either Westchester, NY or St. Petersburg, FL, expand your skills and take ownership of the billing process from soup to nuts.
The Billing Specialist will be responsible for the complete processing of monthly billings for their assigned team and the submission of both electronic and non-electronic invoices ensuring compliance with client billing guidelines. The Billing Specialist will be required to assist the Collections department regarding invoicing and client communication.
- Run conflicts checks - NEW Aderant Conflicts system
- Open new files in the accounting system
- Run WIP reports and pre-bills, distribute monthly
- Perform narrative and numeric adjustments to all pre-bills, run paperless prebill workflows
- Ensure compliance with client outside counsel guidelines and set up / maintain billing rules
- Finalize pre-bills in the accounting system and submit for electronic or non-electronic payment
- Rectify all electronic bill related rejections, ensure full submission of all invoices on a monthly basis
- Assist the Billing Manager, Billing Specialists, and Collections department as needed
- Additional duties as assigned by the CFO
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Prior experience with legal billing and legal electronic billing required
- Exercise confidentiality and discretion when handling sensitive data, information, and situations
- Must be detail-oriented and have the ability to work well within a deadline-driven environment
- Top-notch organizational skills with the ability to manage competing demands and priorities
- Ability to extract, compile, and analyze data for management reporting
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team environment. Must also be able to exercise excellent judgment and know when to consult with appropriate individuals.
- Ability to communicate concisely and professionally at all times
- Positive personality, “can-do” attitude, and professional demeanor
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required. Ability to use Excel to sort, filter, and analyze data, required.
- Bachelor's degree and five plus years experience in legal or professional service billing
- Knowledge of Aderant law firm billing software required
Please email your cover letter, resume, and salary requirement to email@example.com
Learn more about us at www.traublieberman.com
Traub Lieberman offers a competitive compensation package including health and life insurance, 401k, personal time off and a flexible work environment.