Quintairos, Prieto, Wood & Boyer, P.A., a multi-office national firm has an immediate opening for a Billing Specialist (FS) to join our Miami Office Financial Services Dept. This is a full time position, competitive salary and benefits package offered.
This position coordinates the billing process and interacts with a growing billing department for a multi-office firm.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Review billing memos, time and expenses for narrative corrections, transfers needed and miscellaneous maintenance, as well as finalizing the invoices.
• Preparation and organization of bill attachments.
• Responsible for preparing file for timely billing which includes reviewing file to maintain accuracy and compliance with the billing guidelines.
• Responsible for coordination and resolution of billing issues for all default clients.
• Ensure timely and helpful communications are being sent to appropriate parties, internal and external, where the data needed to resolve an issue is fully identified and communicated efficiently and effectively.
• Monitor billing progress including status reporting, work-in-progress, client, matter and timekeeper set-ups, and other key process aspects.
• Ensure all billing issues, including deductions, are monitored and resolved timely and provide submission and problem solving assistance where needed.
• Perform other duties as required.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience working within the billing department of a default law firm.
• Prior experience in foreclosure, bankruptcy and lender and mortgage servicers billing guidelines desired.
• Experience with lender and mortgage servicers’ s billing platforms such as LPS Invoice Management, client profiles and perfect practice.
• Proficiency in accounting software and Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word and Outlook.
• Requires critical thinking skills, excellent communication and organizational skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
• High School Diploma or its equivalent.
For immediate consideration for this opportunity, qualified candidates should forward their resume ASAP. QPWB is an Equal Opportunity Employer seeking enthusiastic candidates eager to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment.