Quintairos, Prieto, Wood & Boyer, P.A., a multi-office national firm has an immediate opening for a Billing Specialist to join our Miami Administrative Office. This is a full time position, competitive salary and benefits package offered.
This position handles the billing activities for clients from initial matter intake through final bill production. This is a hands-on position that involves working collaborative with clients and employees of a multi-office firm.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Prepare and submit monthly invoices to clients timely and accurately.
• Ensure all client guidelines, internal protocols and firm's guidelines are followed during submission process. Ensure corrective action is in place for future submissions.
• Act as liaison between billing attorney/clients' staff/third party vendors assigned to electronic billing.
• Populate, maintain and update data for assigned clients in the firm's accounting database.
• Coordinate resubmission of invoices with any errors and if necessary contact third party vendors for assistance in resolving issues. Submit timekeeper setup and matter setup on e-bill website.
• Review clients' guidelines and other written communication to remain compliant with the various requirements.
• Reviews billing memos, time and expenses for narrative corrections, transfers needed and miscellaneous maintenance, as well as finalizing the invoices.
• Responsible for coordination and resolution of billing issues for designated clients.
• Monitors billing progress including status reporting, work-in-progress, client, matter and timekeeper set-ups, and other key process aspects.
• Responsible for entry and modification of time and expense records, report generation including pre-bills and final bills.
• Ensures all billing issues, including deductions, accounts receivable and client concerns are monitored and resolved timely and provide submission and problem solving assistance where needed.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• 3+ years’ experience working in law firm Billing Dept. high volume/ large transaction work environment.
• Must be experienced with law firm billing processes specifically electronic billings.
• Proficiency in accounting software and Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word and Outlook.
• Requires critical thinking skills, excellent communication and organizational skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
• High School Diploma or its equivalent.
For immediate consideration for this opportunity, qualified candidates should forward their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP. QPWB is an Equal Opportunity Employer seeking enthusiastic candidates eager to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment.