Kegler Brown Hill + Ritter is currently seeking an experienced Billing Specialist for Downtown Columbus location. This position is full time, non-exempt/hourly and reports to the CFO. Some overtime may be required.
The Billing Specialist is responsible for the accurate and efficient preparation of bills and invoices for various Billing Attorneys.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Processes client bills using PrebillViewer and paper bills via Aderant software
- Electronic submission of client invoices and accrual via various e-billing websites
- Researches and answers accounting and billing questions
- Reviews and edits prebills in response to attorney and secretary requests
- Executes, handles and processes complex bills
- Reviews and verifies accuracy of billing and supporting documentation as required
- Undertakes special projects and ad hoc reports for manager as needed/requested
- Assists with other department activities as needed, and performs additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
Skills & Competencies:
- Understanding of standard billing concepts, practices, and procedures, the processes involved and related applications
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written), professional demeanor and presentation
- Position also requires the ability to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines, effectively prioritized multiple tasks
- Candidate must be a self starter who can work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to shift priorities and manage change with a positive outcome
- Provide outstanding client service, meet high quality standards for services and meet or exceed client expectations. Proactive in seeking innovative ways in which to help others.
- Strong problem solving skills, takes initiative and uses good judgment, excellent follow-up skills
- High attention to detail, outstanding organization skills and the ability to manage time effectively
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of the organization and collaborate well in a team
Qualifications & Prior Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience is preferred
- Minimum 3+ years of progressive experience as a Biller preferably with a law firm
- Aderant software experience preferred
- Computer proficiency in Windows based software and Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
- Exceptional computer skills with the ability to learn new software applications quickly
Kegler Brown Hill + Ritter is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship, non-disqualifying disability, or other legally protected status.
To apply please send resume to Jenna Eldridge, Director of Human Resources at Jeldridge@keglerbrown.com