Dykema Gossett PLLC, a leading national law firm, is recruiting for an experienced Billing Coordinator. This position may reside in any of our offices. The Billing Coordinator works closely with an assigned group of attorneys to facilitate client billing according to established guidelines and attorney requests and responds to inquiries relating to billing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares prebills and distributes per attorney instructions;
- Reviews prebills for accuracy. Performs edits, text changes and transfers per attorney instructions and client guidelines;
- Generates related invoices. Proofs invoices for format and compliance with client billing guidelines and attorney instructions, alerting appropriate parties and initiating problem resolution where appropriate;
- Develops and maintains appropriate reports including electronic spreadsheets, charts, and expense backup to accompany client invoices;
- Distributes invoices to client per clients’ expressed wishes: mailed, emailed and/or e-billed;
- Reviews Daily Cash Report for relevant client and matter payment; assess for accuracy in application;
- Follows-up with any short pays against the invoices;
- Sends the appropriate write-offs for approval and processing;
- Organizes and maintains billing and instruction files for each billing attorney and client account, implementing additional recordkeeping methods to increase efficiency when appropriate;
- Maintains the integrity of the Client/Matter information within the Time and Billing System; and
- Performs additional duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Minimum three years legal billing experience, including a thorough understanding of e billing practices and e billing vendor sites.
- Previous work related experience required, preferably in the legal support field.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills required as well as excellent organizational, analytical and problem solving skills. Must be adept at client, attorney, assistant, and team relations; and
- Competency in computer software such as Word, Excel, Outlook and Elite or a similar legal accounting system.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
Dykema offers an excellent salary and benefit package, including transportation assistance. Dykema provides a professional, diverse, and collaborative workplace where all employees can thrive. Dykema has achieved, and continues to participate in, Mansfield Certification. Our work environment is business casual.
OUR EEO STATEMENT
It is the Firm’s policy to provide employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis without regard to the individual’s age, race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, domestic partner relationship, physical characteristics, disability, or other protected characteristics under applicable federal, state or local laws or ordinances.
Dykema will make reasonable efforts to accommodate the known disabilities of employees who are otherwise qualified to perform the essential functions of the jobs involved.
It is the responsibility of every individual concerned with personnel actions, including management, supervision, recruiting, compensation, benefits, promotions, work assignments and training, to ensure that these activities are administered consistent with the Firm’s goal of furthering the principle of equal employment opportunity.
Knowledge of e-Billing and e-Billing sites
3 years: Legal Billing Experience
Professional written and verbal communication skills
Computerized Billing Experience
3 years: Work in related field, preferably in legal support