Apply here: https://akingump-openhire.silkroad.com/epostings/?fuseaction=app.jobinfo&jobid=139&version=1
Under the general supervision and direction of the Billing & Collections Manager, and following prescribed department, office and firm procedures, the Billing & Collections Supervisor is responsible for the direct supervision of the billing staff, managing assigned monthly processes and the creation and dissemination of billing related reports. The Billing & Collections Supervisor is expected to serve as a positive role model and mentor, and to perform all responsibilities with a commitment to providing superior service to the firm’s clients, attorneys, advisors and staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare monthly prebills for distribution to attorneys.
- Monitor local monthly billable WIP and AR and report status to management.
- Communicate with attorneys and secretaries to address any billing or collections questions or report requests.
- Edit, prepare, and finalize monthly prebills.
- Work with Collections staff to collect aged accounts receivables.
- Process and monitor the e-billing process for those clients that are electronically billed to ensure that invoices are successfully submitted, including monthly estimates of accruals.
- Verify daily new business memo and ensure correct input of information and special billing arrangements for assigned clients.
- Overall responsibility for supervising the Billing staff, including setting daily priorities, coordinating daily workflow and assignments, and ensuring quality of work and timely completion of billing assignments.
- Consult with, and assist Billing & Collections Manager on department procedures and ensure implementation with staff.
- Monitor the office monthly billable WIP and accounts receivable by reporting comments from the Billing Specialists to Manager and escalating issues with the responsible attorneys as necessary.
- Advise Billing Manager on staffing and personnel issues, productivity, training and professional development as needed.
- Manage the monthly process of recording bills in Aderant by month-end and provide delinquency reports to management.
- Process and record office escrow transactions.
- Handle escalated inquiries from secretaries, attorneys, and clients regarding bills.
- Supervise daily work to billing staff and provide guidance on prioritizing, problem solving, and completing tasks as assigned.
- Assist in constructive resolution of conflicts among team members, other departments, and internal clients.
- Contribute to annual reviews and provide constructive feedback on regular basis. Identify possible training/development needs and opportunities for growth of team members.
- Lead by example in promoting teamwork within the Billing department.
- Participate on team meetings and engage in achievement of department goals and objectives.
- Work with attorneys as necessary to complete the monthly billing and other assigned tasks, including coordination of escrow transactions.
- Coordinate with Billing & Collections Manager on regular basis to report work in process and unbilled time, and raise issues.
- Implement firm billing standards, policies, and programs as required.
- Develop relationships with attorneys and partners and serve as support for issues that may arise. Resolve problems when possible and, as necessary, report problems to Billing & Collections Manager in a timely manner.
OTHER ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Attend monthly Billing & Collections Committee meetings as required.
- Back-up Billing Specialists and others in the department in their absence.
- Back-up Billing & Collections Manager in their absence.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Supervisory experience
- Experience with computerized accounting systems, Aderant preferred
- Experience with E-billing
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Thorough knowledge of MS Office applications including Word and Outlook
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate potentially detailed and complex information to others
- Aptitude and willingness to work with complex procedures
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and adjust to changing priorities in a professional manner
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Basic knowledge of human resources policies, practices and legal requirements
- Strong leadership skills and willingness to function as a role model within the office
- Strong service orientation, and an ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with users, peers, office, and firm management, and outside business partners
- Ability to work extended hours as necessary
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS/JOB EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 3+ years law firm billing experience required
- Prior supervisory experience preferred