are business partners to our attorneys and are integral to client relationships – they translate and communicate the value of the billable hour to our clients through accurate processing of client invoices, maintaining work-in-progress records, monitoring time entry deadlines, editing billing memos, and other tasks as assigned.
In this role, you will also serve as back-up to Portland Collections, working with internal accounting teams, attorneys, secretaries, and firm clients to resolve outstanding invoice issues. As a specialist, you will independently manage your assigned client accounts and take initiative to review and resolve client accounts before they become uncollectible.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion. DWT fosters inclusiveness and authenticity. Regardless of position, everyone here has a voice and the support is unparalleled.
- Use Aderant Expert Billing to process pre-bills and generate invoices in compliance with attorney instructions and client guidelines
- Work in collaboration with electronic billing department and other Accounting teams to ensure invoices are processed in a timely manner
- Ensure that the billing work product is accurate and meets the needs of our clients and attorneys
- Guarantee the correct set-up of client/matter information and invoice templates
- Respond to attorney inquiries regarding work-in-progress records and general billing requests
- Monitor and collect assigned accounts receivable; exhibit good judgment in escalating unresolved issues to management
- Use firm’s collections software to manage client accounts and keep an accurate record of communications, contacts, payments, deadlines, attorney preferences, and other pertinent information
- Develop and independently manage a process to meet multiple overlapping deadlines
- Generate and distribute template reminder statements; use verbal and written communication to send custom payment inquiries
- Produce various statistical reports and spreadsheets
- Maintain work-in-progress records and update upon request
- Assist with accounting projects, as needed, to promote best practices
- Work overtime as needed
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality; adhere to schedule by being timely on breaks, lunches and meetings
Join us if you have:
- 1+ years of relevant experience in a professional office environment with strong customer service experience required, preferably in a legal environment
- A Bachelor’s degree preferred (Finance or Accounting degree a plus)
- Previous experience in a professional services organization, supporting a multi-office environment, preferred
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to build effective relationships with all levels of staff and attorneys
- Exhibit a high-degree of critical thinking
- Ability to problem-solve
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail, and quality control
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and adapt to heavy workloads and new assignments in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work overtime as needed
A Bachelor’s degree and a background in billing or accounting is helpful, but we are open to candidates from non-traditional backgrounds who have transferrable skills to succeed.
TO APPLY: Please click here to submit your application.