WE ARE CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR DEVELOPER CANDIDATES TO FILL SENIOR, RECENT GRAD, AND PART-TIME INTERN ROLES IN NV, AZ, NM, AND TX.
DOES THIS GET YOU EXCITED?
Working remotely, getting a great salary, flexible hours, and our unlimited vacation policy. And no commute and no parking problems, because you will be working out of your home office! (Note that if you don’t want to work from a home office, we will cover the cost of membership in a co-working environment.)
ABOUT THE ROLE
Iridium Technology is a 10-year old global software firm that thinks it is still a startup. Our 45+ employees are based around the world, and all working out of home offices. That’s right – we are a 100% virtual company. We are a premier provider of business intelligence (BI) solutions for law firms. Our company is experiencing rapid growth, and we need to add several BI Developers to our team. You will be joining an elite group, and we only hire ‘spectacular’ candidates. We offer excellent salaries, home office-based employment, and a complete benefits package that includes an ‘unlimited vacation’ policy.
The position of BI Developer requires candidates with very strong development skills. This is occasionally a client-facing role, so excellent communication skills are also a must. We are looking for applicants who are entrepreneurial, incredibly bright, organized, focused, creative problem solvers, able to work independently, extremely hard-working, and who embrace the home office-based lifestyle.
The role encompasses a combination of and development business analyst duties, including:
- Requirements gathering and documentation for development projects
- Design, code, deploy, and test Iridium BI product features and enhancements
- Design, code, deploy, and test client-specific customizations and enhancements
- Report/dashboard design and development
- Development of software tools for internal use
- Adhere to all coding and testing processes, and suggest enhancements to our internal processes
- Track down and fix bugs in our products
- Troubleshoot & performance tune our products as required
- Technical investigations
- Support firm infrastructure (network, security, databases, azure, etc.)
- Other tasks/projects assigned – all Iridium team members up to and including the CEO “wear multiple hats”
REQUIRED SKILLS – GENERAL
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or similar. (For the intern position, your degree can be in progress.)
- Excellent written/oral communications skills
- “Iridium DNA” – see below
- Experience with accounting/finance systems and concepts (not required, but a big plus)
REQUIRED SKILLS – TECHNICAL
Note: we are hiring for Senior, Graduate, and part-time Intern roles. We expect Senior applicants to have at least 5+ years of experience on some or all of our core technologies. For Graduates or part-time Interns, experience in our core technologies is considered a plus, but is not required.
Our core technologies are listed below. While we prefer experience with these technologies, we will consider developers that are familiar with other technologies – our thinking is that hard-core coders can learn any technology stack. Our technologies are…
- SQL Server (relational database/T-SQL, SSAS multidimensional/MDX, SSAS tabular/DAX, SSRS),
- Experience with the new Microsoft Azure and Microsoft BI tools is a plus: Power BI, tabular, machine learning, R/Python, data mining, etc.
- Development experience using Visual Studio and coding in languages including .NET or other server-side technologies
DEVELOPER NIRVANA AND “IRIDIUM DNA”
Iridium provides a great environment for developers to learn new technologies and show off their skills. First of all, this is a company that is run by developers. 35 out of our 40+ employees have degrees in Computer Science or IT. Our CEO even has a degree in Computer Science. We love to code, design architectures, streamline processes, and we relentlessly striving for constant improvement. We have modern/relevant technology stack, and we are moving aggressively into implementing the Microsoft Azure BI/AI capabilities. Each developer is assigned to a team with 4-5 members, and collaborative programming and collaborative problem-solving are highly encouraged. You will constantly be challenged to learn new technologies and extend your knowledge of Iridium’s products. We offer a very agile and empowered environment – if you have a great idea, speak up and present it to the team. If the team loves your idea, then we will look for you to implement it.
Iridium is a 10-year old company that thinks it is still a startup. We have the startup attitude, but also offer stable and long-term employment with a company that has positive cash flow and is not concerned about running out of money. We offer the start-up mindset, but without the fear that we will close our doors next month.
If you are looking for a relaxing job where you can work 8-5 Monday through Friday, then this is not the job for you. The Iridium work experience is fast-paced and high intensity. You will be a member of a team of extremely talented and highly skilled technical employees. We all bring our “whatever it takes attitude” to solving both technical and client issues – this is what we refer to as “Iridium DNA”. You will be empowered to showcase your technical skills and grit on a daily basis. You will be given massive responsibility and be expected to independently manage yourself. We can promise overtime, late nights, and even some weekend work. But we can also promise a great sense of achievement, and a supportive team environment that makes it all worthwhile. Are you a hard-charger? If so, you will fit right in and you will love working here.
WHY NEVADA, ARIZONA, NEW MEXICO, AND TEXAS ONLY?
Those are the states where we already have employees. We want to avoid hiring in new states where we will have to file additional payroll tax reports, etc. Additionally, we prefer states in the Pacific and Mountain time zones because they can work best with our international team members.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send resume to Brendan.firstname.lastname@example.org
CEO/Founder - Iridium Technology LLC