Responsible for processing vendor invoices and expense reports ensuring expenditures are properly approved, coded and classified. Reconciles discrepancies related to Accounts Payable expenditures. Prepares, scans and stores all related documentation. Enters new vendors, collects and enters W9 information. Processes all Accounts Payable disbursements via check, ACH, wire or credit card.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews expenditures submitted for payment, sorting by type of expenditure (client charges, firm or employee reimbursement, etc.). Reviews supporting documentation for accuracy and approval.
- Responsible for monitoring and processing payment requests (client charges, firm or employee reimbursement, etc.). Reviews supporting documentation for accuracy and approval.
- Responsible for monitoring and responding to inquiries submitted through the Accounts Payable email box.
- Processes check and electronic expenditures on behalf of clients and the firm. Sorts, matches checks with invoices and mails and/or delivers to requestor. Provides remittance details for ACH, wire and credit card disbursements.
- Obtains vendor W-9 forms. This includes requesting and subsequently scanning W-9 forms into the Accounting System and updating tax id and 1099 information. This is a federal requirement warranting proper care and diligence.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Completion of a two-year program such as one leading to an Associate degree in accounting, business, etc. preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Two to three years of accounting work experience preferably in an automated environment.
- Experience with Aderant, Concur or Chrome River preferred.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.