The Atlanta office of Alston & Bird is seeking an Accountant. This position, under the direction of supervisors, will perform a variety of duties including monthly partner payroll, preparation and maintenance of workpapers, reporting and payroll systems testing.
- Monthly payroll processing in Dayforce for partners;
- Preparation and maintenance of partner pay workpapers;
- Reviewing new hire records in Dayforce for accuracy, approving forms and ensuring necessary changes to records are completed;
- Monthly and annual partner payroll auditing & reconciliation;
- Partner changes tracking- hires/departures/moves/compensation;
- Preparation of partner payroll audit and tax workpapers as requested;
- Coordinating Individual Tax Identification Number applications for new foreign partners;
- Responding to partner inquiries regarding earnings, deductions, bank deposits, etc.;
- Responding to internal and external ad hoc requests for reports;
- Participate in Dayforce User Acceptance Testing before system upgrades to test new functionality and enhancements and the impact on the partner pay custom configuration;
- Annual state tax elections- answering questions, form update coordination, review and approving workflow;
- Research partner pay issues or questions as needed. Communicate and document conclusions with Finance management;
- Outside Counsel Guidelines review;
- Assist various members of the Finance Department with payroll and ad-hoc projects as needed.
- Skills Needed to be Successful
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills;
- A strong command of the English language;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines;
- The ability to effectively handle telephone calls with established firm etiquette and professionalism;
- Work effectively with clients and other team members;
- Organizational skills for prioritizing workload are required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- 2-4 years of relevant payroll and accounting experience
- Accounting system experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft suite products (Advanced Excel, Outlook and Word)
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Payroll tax experience
- Experience with Ceridian Dayforce HCM & Aderant Expert
Apply online at Alston & Bird LLP
Alston & Bird LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer does not discriminate on the bases of any status protected under federal, state, or local law. Applicants will be considered regardless of their sex, race, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition (associated with cancer, a history of cancer, or genetic characteristics), HIV/AIDS status, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, military and veteran status, or other protected category under the law on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, veteran status or disability in relation to our recruiting, hiring, and promoting practices.
The statements contained in this position description are not necessarily all-inclusive, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned and requirements may vary from time to time.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Professional business references and a background check will be required for all final applicants selected for a position.